Conditions of Sale
Kaikoura Helicopters is operated by GCH Aviation Group. Please read our Terms and Conditions for our Kaikoura Helicopters scenic flights before making a booking.
· Rates are quoted in New Zealand dollars
· GST (Goods & Sales Tax) is currently 15% - all quoted prices are GST inclusive
· All prices, GST and rates are subject to change at any time without notice
MINIMUM NUMBERS & CHARTERS
Most flights are subject to minimum passenger number of 2 fares for brochure flights. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum and we will try our best to coordinate bookings to achieve the required minimum for the flight to depart, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Private Charter of the helicopter - flights are for full charter of helicopter. Each helicopter has varied seating configuration. Weight limitation of the specific helicopter must be adhered to which may require less seating.
All departures are subject to change or cancellation if weather conditions are not suitable or if minimum numbers required for the flight are not met. We will do our best to reschedule your flight, or a refund will be offered (see Cancellation & Refund information below).
Flights operate every day except for Christmas Day. Please check with us for more details regarding availability for private charters on this day.
· Safety is paramount in determining if weather is good to fly. Cancellations or postponements may occur if the weather is deemed unsafe to fly.
· Flight times and routes are subject to weather conditions; the flight route may vary due to weather.
· Flights are subject to minimum passenger number of 2 fares for brochure flights.
· Individual and total weight restrictions apply to specific aircraft or flights.
· The pilot will determine the seating of passengers based on weight and balance restrictions of the helicopter.
· The helicopter used may vary and is at the discretion of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation. Helicopters being R44, EC130, AS350.
· We see whales 97% of the time. Occasionally, despite our very best efforts and flight planning, you may not see a whale. This is rare and unfortunate, but can happen.
· If you do not see a whale, unfortunately we do not have a refund policy.
· Requests for Twin Engine helicopters with two pilots will be on an as per requested basis by emailing email@example.com. Reservations must be made one month in advance.
INFANT / CHILD PRICES
Infants who weigh 18kgs or less and are aged 3 years or under fly free of charge, children over 3 and/or over 18kgs must occupy their own seat and the full child fare be paid for that seat.
Infants who weigh 18kgs or less and are aged 3 years or under must be held by a paying adult who is occupying a seat in the back of the helicopter only. The infant will be secured by a safety belt attached to the adult’s safety belt.
Child prices refers to the ages of 4 to 11 years old or infants weighing over 18kg. Child prices only apply when accompanied by two full adult fares.
In all cases, reservations must be made in advance. For the best chance of confirming your flight, please book well in advance.
Please ensure the following information is provided when booking:
· Preferred date of travel
· The specific Trip you would like to book
· Passenger names
· Each passenger's weight (in kgs)
· Specify adult/child/infant
· Contact phone number while in New Zealand
· Agent details (if applicable)
· Method of payment
· Special/dietary requirements (if applicable)
With direct bookings, credit card details will be taken and held but payment will not be taken until the day you check in for your flight. However, a 20% deposit may be needed for private charter flights.
Payment can be made in advance to secure your flight booking. Should you fail to show for the trip when space is guaranteed, your credit card will be debited with the total amount of the booked activity.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Weather cancellations are out of our control, we will try to rebook you for another time or a refund will be offered in accordance with our refund policy guidelines.
Should inclement weather prevent a flight at the booked location, the same prepaid voucher will be accepted at any of GCH Aviation's bases in New Zealand for a flight of similar duration and price. If you are unable to re-schedule the flight then a full refund will be offered.
No refund will be given for no-shows or changes you make to your booking less than 24 hours prior to departure.
Where payment is made by credit card and a refund applies, the amount must be refunded back to the credit card in New Zealand dollars. GCH Aviation takes no responsibility in paying any transaction fees incurred for this.
Payments made by credit card will result in the refund being refunded back to that original credit card only - no cash refunds apply.
No cancellation fee applies for FIT cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance or at least 4 days in advance for groups of 5+.
Bookings and payments made through third party sites (such as Expedia, Viator, TripAdvisor, Grabone, etc) will be subject to their terms and conditions and refunds will come from them, not GCH Aviation.
CHANGE OF DATE
Reservations may be transferred to another date, subject to space availability, with no transfer fee incurred, provided notification is received at least 24 hours in advance or at least 4 days in advance for groups of 5+. If you or GCH Aviation are unable to re-schedule the flight then a full refund will be provided. Please consider visiting one of our other bases to fly while on your holiday:
· Garden City Helicopters (Christchurch/Canterbury)
· GCH Aviation Nelson
We accept all major credit cards, Eftpos or direct banking.
Payments can be made by direct credit at least two days prior to the date of travel.
Account Name: Kaikoura Helicopters Ltd
Account Number: 06-0145-0753484-00
Please use the invoice number as the reference number.
WHOLESALE / AGENTS
Wholesale rates are available only to wholesale/inbound operators who have made contact and introduced themselves to our marketing department.
Credit applications must be completed and returned from wholesale/inbound operators before any rates and bookings can be confirmed.
Please request wholesale credit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air New Zealand Airpoints
Vouchers can be redeemed by calling Kaikoura Helicopters on 0800 455 4354 +64 3 319 6609. If a refund is required you will need to contact the Airpoints Store support team Monday to Friday during the hours of NZDT 6am - 10pm on 0800 021 777 or email us at email@example.com.
Any charter bookings that fall on the New Zealand Statutory Holidays listed below will incur a 20% surcharge.
New Years Day
Waitangi Day 6th February