Website Operating Policy & Your Privacy
This website is owned and operated by Kaikoura Helicopters and GCH Aviation Group Ltd. This website and information contained herein is provided in good faith and is intended as a general summary of information, services, and an overview of our operations.
It is not intended to replace qualified consultation undertaken directly with authorised representatives of the company. Reference made on this website to independent agents, companies or organisations outside of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation through use of title, logos or photographic images does not necessarily constitute a recommendation or infer association.
- The accuracy of any information provided on this website cannot be guaranteed, particularly since this information is subject to change.
- All information provided is based upon current information at the time of programming. Although descriptions are believed correct, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
- Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in the information contained on this website.
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation appreciates your interest in our services and operation and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
Personal data collected during visits to our website are processed by us according to the legal provisions valid for New Zealand, in which the website is maintained. The website may include, however, links to other websites which are not covered by this privacy statement and which Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation has no control or authority over.
Collection and Processing of Personal Data
When you visit our website, our web server automatically records your IP address, the website from which you visit us, the web pages you visit and the date and length of your visit. No other personal information is gathered during this process. This information is used to optimise the performance, effectiveness, and relevance of our site. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you, for example in the context of a registration or enquiry form, a survey, or in the execution of a contract.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data and Purpose Specification
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation will only use collected data for the sole purpose of technical administration of the website, customer administration, product surveys, and marketing (where permission has been obtained), only to the extent necessary in each specific case. We will only disclose your data to governmental authorities in cases where it may be required by law. Our employees, agencies, and contractors are obliged by us to respect confidentiality.
Cookies can be used to determine whether there has been any contact between us and your computer in the past. Only the cookie on your computer is identified. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your hard drive at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still visit our website, however, this may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by our website.
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation uses technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
Social Media Policy
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation Group operates a number of social media sites under the GCH Aviation and Kaikoura Helicopters brands and welcomes and encourages visitor feedback, comments, and appropriate discussion.
The purpose of our social media activity is to develop strong customer and community relationships and foster engagement through information sharing.
We have further developed our own internal moderation guidelines to ensure that wherever possible and practical, content that is posted supports the stated purpose and aims of our business.
Please be aware that by posting online content there is unlimited potential for people to read your words and view your images, even years from now. As a result, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting on any of our social media sites before voluntarily disclosing any personally identifiable information about yourself.
Social Media Site Moderation
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate the participation of visitors to our social sites to ensure that contributors stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments.
Users are solely responsible for their comments, images, video and/or other content. Such third party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation does not control and is not responsible for third-party material.
By posting to our social media site/s you acknowledge and agree that your conduct and anything that you post or upload are your sole responsibility.
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation cannot and does not make any guarantee with respect to the accuracy, inoffensiveness, or suitability of any content that appears on any of our social media sites.
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any posting to its social media sites. Users agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies against Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation with respect to these rules, including, but not limited to posting, posting restrictions, deletions or moves, and member restrictions, removals, or blocks.
The opinions and or views expressed on Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation Group social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook and YouTube pages are not necessarily those of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation, its employees, contractors or any of its corporate affiliates or suppliers or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
While Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation reserves the right to remove any post, comment or other content if necessary at its own discretion and without notice. Comments/content including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Harassing, threatening, and abusive language
- Individual or group attacks
- Derogatory, unprofessional, or disrespectful language
- Content that is harmful to minors, obscene, objectionable, or in violation of any New Zealand law
- Infringement of the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes the promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with GCH Aviation)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender slurs)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticising his/her posting, opinion or comments
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials (including sweepstakes or multi-level marketing offers)
- Impersonating any person or entity
- Spam, self-promotion, or direct sales pitches
In addition, the following actions/content are unacceptable to the operation of our social media sites and will be removed and actioned accordingly.
- Compiling commercial, political, or charitable mailing lists or facilitating the transmission of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or obscene or profane content
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses or providing (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the social media sites
- Uploading files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another
- Falsifying or deleting any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
All links to other websites found linked from Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute an endorsement of those sites by Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and that Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation.
If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied and/or reprinted in any form, then please do not post on our social media sites.